Find The Best School Tablet Computers
We are working hard to help you find the best tablets for your academic needs. Scouring news releases, technology blogs and reader tips allow us to share relevant news and opinions on tablets used in modern academics. By searching and comparing products, you can better understand what tablet your student needs for their school requirements and often you are able to have a tablet customized specifically to the school systems specifications.
Technology is changing quickly and the educational system in the U.S. and International are entering a new era where more learning will be done electronically. The shift for educators and students to use and leverage the available technology to enhance the classroom experience and interactive learning environment is clearly upon us. School districts that are requiring tablet iniatives have to begin a due diligence process to understand the technology and the challenges that can accompany the digital era.
The IPAD has dominated the headlines of the Tablet era and is a popular choice for educators as the secondary application market is critical for the use of tablet computers in classrooms. The market for tablets designed specifically for students has never been more competitive. More manufacturers and developers understand the importance of developing education friendly hardware and software for all levels of education, from pre-school with the new Tablet by LeapFrog through grad school and specialty learning, such as graphic design, medical and automotive.
We are compiling relevant news, stories and articles for the education tablet market that may be beneficial to parents, students and administrators. If you have a specialized project, new application or technology you would like us to feature, stop by our about page and drop us an email, we would love to share your news!
Product Review: 1sqbox Tablet: Less expensive, just as efficient, links teachers with students and parents
By Shatina Phipps, www.bmorenews.com
(BALTIMORE – January 15, 2013) – A young, dynamic company on the rise is 1sqbox (www.1sqbox.com). They have presented an educational tablet that is cost-effective and allows for the parent, student, and teacher to literally be on the same page. While iPads can run upwards of $849, you can purchase two 1sqbox tablet for the same price
At a time when educational experts are seeking strategies in a narrow economy, the 1sqbox box emerges as a less-expensive alternative that still pushes the envelope on closing the digital divide.
Clearly, there is a tremendous push towards inexpensive remedies in an era where computers and education are often mentioned in the same breath. Hence, the 1sqbox product allows the integration of the latest technology into k-12 curriculums across the USA.
According to Alexis Coates, Chief Technical Officer for 1sqbox.com, his firm’s goal is to help bridge the divide whereby too many American students fail to cross. With America’s educational ranking slipping compared to other leading nations, clearly some strategies must be put in place.
Coates says, “1sqbox is the future.” He added, “We offer both software and hardware to reduce the digital divide.”
U.S. Schools and Universities With Tablet Computer Requirements or Pilot Programs
- School District of Pickens sees positive impact by using Ipads and Smart Phones in the classroom.
- Teutopolis Illinois Schools rolls out tablets for grade school children
- Gideon School District in Missouri brings tablets into the classroom.
- McAllen School District in Texas, adopts widespread tablet program and aims to provide tablet computers to over 25,000 students by 2013
- Archbishop Mitty High School in California, will offer all high school students the Ipad tablet computer
- Alabama legislature proposes bill to sponsor tablet computers for all high school aged students in the State of Alabama, which could lead to a $100 million dollar investment from the state into tablet computers, a move the Senators believe would reduce education expenses and improve school attendance.
- Pre School students get their first exposure to the Apple Ipad at the Flint Hill School in Oakton Virginia
- Burris Elementry in Indiana, thanks in part to a $200,000 grant has established a program using Ipad tablets across all grades within the elementary school.
- Lake Superior School District Minnesota begins researching systemwide adaption for tablet computers down to kindergarten classrooms. The school district is reviewing numerous tablets including: Ipad II, Amazon Kindle Fire, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Toshiba Thrive, Motorola Xoom, Acer Iconia, and the Asus Eee with hopes of making a decision for the 2012 school year.
- Hudson Middle School Massachusetss may adopt Ipad tablets thanks in part to a large donation from Intel
- Muller Road Middle School and Blythewood Middle Schools, South Carolina – introduce a tablet initiative, offering tablets to over 600 students in grades 6th through 8th grade.
- Charlottesville City Virginia pushes the BLAST initiative to provide tablet computers for all students in the system.
- Southwest Ranches Schools in Florida provide Ipad tablets to over 1200 students
- Hillsborough New Jersey will test a pilot program with tablet computers for algebra classes
- Yale Universitey, Medical School to provide Ipad tablets to all medical students. Students will utilize tablet computers throughout internship programs at local hospitals.
- St Ignace Academy, in Massachusetts see’s a positive return from their Ipad pilot program.
- St Hillary Schools in San Francisco will provide tablet computers to all 6th, 7th and 8th grade students
- Clark County Las Vegas launches tablet program providing over 1100 Ipads to Middle School & High School students
- Waterloo Iowa will test a pilot program this fall with tablet computers in 13 different classrooms across the district
- Grand View High School in Missouri issues tablets to 330 students, replacing paper text books and believe that the net effect will save the district up to $25,000 per year in the future after the initial investement in the technology and Internet infrastructure have been recouped.
- Duval County Schools Florida, Schools of Future Program, incorporates tablet computers into education plans.
- Mt Lebanon High School, Pennsyvlania revamps policy to incorporate tablets into classes and education curriculum
- Logan New Mexico adopts new technology program embracing smart phones, with education geared pilot program
- Zeeland Michigan provides tablets to all high school students, with over 1800 receiving Ipads
- East Orange Campus High School, in New Jersey issues Samsung Galaxy Tablets to almost 500 seniors, as they replace the students paper text books in a new pilot program in 2011
- Newell School District in South Dakota embraces the use of Tablet computers manufactured by Gateway technologies, and provides a great FAQ and liability form online that school administrators may wish to reference.
- Union High School, Washington uses a tablet technology from Wacom in a video game development class that allows students to use an electric pen to create graphic artwork on a specialized tablet computer.
- Jefferson Parish, Louisiana offers tablet computers from Brainchild Kineo to 750 students who are enrolled in non public shools within the district.
-Boyd Buchanon School District invests $750,000 in Ipad tablet computers for all students from 6th through 12th grade as they adopt new tablet education learning program.
- Auburn Maine provides further details on a pilot program testing Ipad computers in kindergarten classrooms, the project whis is mostly funded through grants is amongst the few targeting children ages 5 and 6.
International Schools With Tablet Computer Initiatives
- Queensland, Australia announces new pilot program to offer Ipad tablets to all special education students, as authorized by the LNP
- South Korea will require tablet computers for all students in 2014 with the elimination of all printed textbooks
- Longfield Academy in the UK provided Ipads to over 1400 students
- Delhi Public Schools in India, along with Education Initiative conducting pilot test program for use of tablet computers
- Bangkok is piloting a new tablet program with several schools and is issuing over 600 education tablets, the tablets were donated by the Sahavirya Company and will be used in grades 1st through 4th. The program is part of a larger study that could lead to a system wide adoption of tablet pc computers for all students and investment upwards of $130 Million Dollars.
- Honeywell Community Science School in Coggeshall, UK has provided tablets to over 1200 students this year, opting for the Ipad tablet, pre loaded with educational applications.
- Victorian High School, Australia will provide Acer Iconia Tablets to all students and staff in grades 9-12, the Acer Tab is powered on the Android Honeycomb Processor.
1sqbox Relevant News Stories Covering Technology and Education
- Baltimore area considers the 1SQBOX.com tablet, famed for its low price of $299 in free lunch students
- Recent article published in Forbes Magazine and the growing likelyhood that tablets will be fully integrated in all levels of education over the next five years, with Ipad already boasting over 1.5 million tablets being used with in the classroom environment
- A new study on MSNBC, shows that increasingly students under ten years old are utilizing technology, including tablet computers and other mobile media devices.
- New software debuts (Moglue) which allows for easy creation of children story books on Apple’s Ipad tablet.
- Survery of educational IT directors predict that tablet computers will suplant pc computers by 2016 as the dominant tehnology used in academic classrooms.
- Tablet application market is predicted to become billion dollar industry for educational programs, replacing text books according to a press release provided by OMVS
- Kindertown debuts as an educational application platform designed especially for children ages three to six, the application developer presently has apps for Ipads only.